Skyrim: Blades Samurai Armour and Kimonos Version 4.2 [ 18.06.14 ]
I've added a few fixes to address some of the issues in version 4.0:
- fixed body weight slider support for female kimonos, preventing gap around neck
- make dovahkiin armour termperable
- made dovahkiin swords and daisho temperable
- fixed inability to make daisho from dovahkiin katana and wakizashi
- added butterfly pattern Chouchou kimono
Skyrim: Blades Samurai Armour and Kimonos Version 4.0 [ 04.05.14 ]
Version 4.0 of the Blades Samurai Armour and Kimonos mod for Skyrim out! A long time coming, but adds lots of new stuff.
- new quest and new dungeon
- crafting overhauled into crafting trees
- reorganized the items in the crafting menu
- dragonborn armour and shield
- dragon katana and wakizashi
- Ashigaru armours (boots, cuirass, gloves)
- suneate armour with tabi and sandals for each armour type
- kimonos: flower red, stormcloak, last samurai, and miko
- dragon helmets
- common genji helmets
- Jingasa iron hat
- tanto daggers
- Furoshiki Sacks
- Sashimonos banners: akaviri, blades, dragon, dragonborn, dragon character, imperial, stormcloak
- Sashimonos banners: minamoto, taira, tokugawa, oda, takeda, hojo, tiger
- darker straw hat
- armoured straw hats
- Sohei warrior monk gear
- armoured tabi and sandals
- fixed issue where Blades Do-maru Eboshi Helmet had black texture instead of red when used by females
- crafting books removed from Sleeping Giant Inn in Riverwood, now found in Sky Haven Temple
- tweeked black gold armour trim
- brightened katana blades
- fixed armour problem where small pieces were hovering in from the of the chest
- added leaf fabric to blue/black kimono
- tweeked sword positions for daisho
- added Daikan Kimono (white with flowers) clothing version, as was only armour variant before
- removed rope belt ends on kimonos
- took the enchantment off the Kensei gauntlets
- improved tabi/sandals normal map
- shortened wakizashi by 15%
- improved kimono normal map
- fixed issue where Daishin kimono didn't have proper texture
- improved armour textures and normal maps
- added beast support for straw hats
- removed "Blades" from the item names
- added items to qasmoke
Skyrim: Blades Samurai Armour and Kimonos Version 3.0 [ 29.04.13 ]
Version 3.0 of the Blades Samurai Armour and Kimonos mod for Skyrim is finally done. It is adds the following:
- removed enchantment for kimonos
- improved the normal map for kimonos so that shadows are properly displayed on the pleats
- 3 monk robes
- Kenshin kimono
- straw hat
- added both robe and light armour versions of kimonos (both can be crafted independantly)
- placed all items in Sky Haven Temple
- new helmets added for each armour colour
- katanas and wakizashi's with black, red, and blue colours
- daisho (katana and wakizashi together) with black, red, and blue colours
- tachi with black, red, and blue colours (recoloured Blades sword)
- monk's bo staff
- reorganized items in crafting menu
- added 2 daikyu bows
- new quiver usable with each arrow type, also in red, blue, and black variants
- akaviri arrows are crafable from regular arrows, e.g. akaviri elven arrow from elven arrow
- weapons are all craftable with required book in inventory
- light armour kimonos can be tempered
- fixed improper sleaves in some female first person view
- fixed wrong inventory models and textures used for female characters
- attempted to correct issue where books could not be found in Riverwood hideout (not confirmed)
- various other small bug fixes
Skyrim: Blades Samurai Armour and Kimonos Version 2.0 [ 21.12.12 ]
Version 2.0 of the Blades Samurai Armour and Kimonos mod for Skyrim is complete. It is adds the following:
- 7 new kimonos
- 20 new helmets
- 3 new Blades shields
- sandals with no tabi
- two books to enable/disable armour and kimono crafting
- armour textures brightened slightly
- renamed O-yoroi armour to Yoroi
- several bug fixes
You can grab the update here. And Merry Christmas!
Skyrim: Blades Samurai Armour and Kimonos Updated [ 10.12.12 ]
It's been a little while since I uploaded my first Skyrim mod, and I have been really suprised and pleased by the response. As of today there
have been almost 6000 downloads and 200 endorsements on the Skyrim Nexus.
Version 2.0 is complete and should be posted soon, but in the meantime I noticed this mod being mentioned in various places around the Internet, and in multiple languages
not less. For example...
Skyrim: Blades Samurai Armour and Kimonos Updated [ 29.09.12 ]
Uploaded a version 1.1 of the Blades Samurai Armour and Kimonos mod to address an issue were some of the armour
boots were not upgradable at the workbench. You can find the upgraded version at the same place, here.
Also, A couple spotlight videos were made covering this mod. A big thanks to Brodual and hodilton for doing so. Very cool!
Skyrim: Blades Samurai Armour and Kimonos [ 24.09.12 ]
Holy smokes, this place is still here! The zombie arises from the grave.
It has been a long time coming, but with a new computer than can actually play games from the last 5 years, I've gotten back
into the modding hobby a bit.
This time it is for Skyrim, which apparently is all the rage. Being someone who is interested in Japanese history, it's nice that
Skyrim has a faction that reflects that influence. This mod amps the samurai motif up a few notches by making the Blades armour
more samurai-like in that there is lacing and a bit more of a laquored look. There are also several different kinds of kimonos
for those who like chanbara films like Seven Samurai and Yojimbo.
There are 5 different armour sets and 10 different kimonos.
You can find the Blades Samurai Armour and Kimonos mod here.
Macross VOXPlus is a fan made total conversion for Macross VOXP. To changes the game to reflect the mecha (specifically the YF-19) and look
of Macross Plus. It is
a standalone game that can be downloaded
Fans and players are welcome to join the community.
Note that the forum is largely in Spanish, but many there understand English and are welcoming to English players.
This mod is a texture pack for the VOXPlus total conversion. The overal design of the skin is based on Roy Focker's
VF-0 from Macross Zero. The skins included are color variations similar to those of characters the film Macross
Do You Remember Love? Specifically...
Yellow - Roy Type
Red - Hikaru Type
Blue - Max Type
Green - Kakizaki Type
Wow, hard to believe I haven't really touched this site in almost a year. Time really flies! I don't do much
modding these days, at least nothing that I end up releasing. But every now and then I'll throw a new mod up,
even if it is small or for a pretty obscure game like Macross VOXP.
This particular mod just replaces the game's default sound effects for the VF-1 Valkyrie's mode transformation and
gunpod with the iconic sounds from the Macross Do You Remember Love film and Super Dimesion Fortess Macross TV series.
Just a little something to make the game that much closer to the material it is emulating.
Macross VOXP: Queadluun-Rau Skins Released [ 24.11.08 ]
This update is a bit of a change of pace for Warped Productions. This mod is for the obscure game called
Macross VOXP (the updated Macross VO). It is a 3D simulation/shooter based on the long-running anime series,
Super Dimension Fortress Macross.
In short, the game is all about giant transforming "real world" robots, aliens, lots of missiles and big explosions.
The "Queadluun-Rau" term refers to one of the mecha of the series that is used by the race of giant female aliens.
This mod replaces the default skins included with the game and changes them to versions that more closely represent
the various schemes seen in the original series and films.
More information about the mod and the Queadluun-Rau itself can be found here.
Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Announced [ 21.10.08 ]
After much speculation and verbally violent discussion the announcement has been made that Bioware and
Lucasarts are developing an MMO called Star Wars: The Old Republic.
You can check out the announcement video at
Gamespot. Here is the official blurb in the setting:
The true Sith have spent centuries building their strength in the depths of unknown space. The Sith Emperor patiently planned for the day when his Sith Empire would repay the Jedi for the humiliating defeats of the past. In that time, generations of Sith have come and gone, working hard and devoting their lives to the dream of vengeance.
With dark discipline and meticulous execution, the Sith’s first assault on their enemies succeeded to near-perfection. They sliced through the Jedi and their defenses as if they weren’t even there. Though their aggressive advances were eventually slowed, the Sacking of Coruscant settled any questions about whether the Sith were victorious.
In the years since the treaty, the twelve-member Sith Dark Council has overseen the consolidation of the Empire’s new domains and the restructuring to put practical matters in the hands of the Imperial military so the Sith Lords can plan for the future. The Sith Lords’ focus has now turned to recruiting and training new acolytes to increase the Empire’s power. When the final battle with the Jedi comes, the Sith Lords plan to be prepared. There will be no mercy.
In the vaulted halls of the Sith Academy on Korriban and in the deep tombs of the great Dark Lords of the past, potential Sith must face arduous tests to prove their worthiness. Even if they survive this deadly training, though, their greatest challenge lies in the cruel competition of their fellow acolytes, as each vies for the favor of their Masters. Ultimately, only the strongest will become Sith; the others will simply die trying.
We'll have to see how it all pans out, but here are some
points of interest I took away from the video:
Bioware has a lot of experience playing MMOs. LOL.
This is really KOTOR 3,4,5,6. The SRPG series is dead.
Normally MMOs don't have a lot of story, this will focus on story. I'm really wondering how they are going to make this work.
Companion characters with dialog. They'll have to have them saying things like "I iz so l33t" and "U iz lamerz" to fit in with the rest of the world.
More story content than every other bioware game put together.
Personal story, affected by your choices. How does this work? Do your choices affect everyone else and they affect your's?
No schedule. Years away?
**** you Galaxies players
The True Sith are dead. (Thank goodness)
I guess it is time to hug KOTOR 1 and 2 and go back to playing them. :)
Helpful Tutorial Vids and Stealing Free Pub [ 09.06.08 ]
"To be specific, there's no multiplayer in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, because there is on
the Wii, PSP, and DS. As far as specific reasons are concerned, we don't really like to get into the reasons
why we don't do things because I don't think there's really a satisfactory answer that people would really be
happy with. So, there isn't multiplayer and that's kind of how it is..."
And apparently SP is short. Lucasarts is playing a dangerous game, since they are hinging everything on
this game right now...
KOTOR: Jedi Robe Model Released [ 01.05.08 ]
Just a few odds and ends relating to modding and the KOTOR series. First is a hilarious and very informative
walkthrough for KOTOR II: The Sith Lords.
In addition to the great takes on the game, there is lots of info
regarding content that was cut from the game (which was a heck of a lot).
David Gaider, who was a lead writer for KoTOR I for Bioware, was kind enough to
answer some questions for
those of us at Lucasforums. There is a lot of great stuff there about lost content, plots from the game, and
general insight. It's a great read if you are a fan of the game like I am.
I get a fair amount of questions regarding various aspects of modding. One thing that often gets overlooked
is how to build a team for larger projects. Personally I've only done a few team projects, but there is lots
to consider when trying to succeed where so many other teams fail. The Valve Developer Community has a nice
wiki with some insight on the subject of building a
Successful Mod Team. It is worth taking a look if you are
considering doing a larger mod.
One thing that every modder enjoys and often strives for is for others to enjoy what they create. I have
been fortunate enough to have had good reception for the work I have done. Recently, I have come across
videos containing stuff that I have done. For example, here is a vid using my clone trooper mod...
I always welcome the free pub!
KOTOR: Jedi Robe Model Released [ 16.03.08 ]
Many of the mod requests I have received are for robes that are a close approximation of the Jedi robes
seen in the prequel Star Wars films. This mod takes the Jedi robe model created by Xavier2 and adds 23 new
robes, each with unique new textures. Some of the robes are based on movie and Expanded Universe sources,
and others I simply dreamed up.
These robes replace the original versions that come with KOTOR. Instructions are included with the mod to
allow players to associate different looks with different robes to suite their tastes.
Darth Talon Mod Voted Among Best of 2007 [ 11.02.08 ]
My Yuthura Ban to Darth Talon Conversion has been voted by the KOTOR community
one of the top mods of 2007, coming in at #4.
I'm always greatful that players enjoy my stuff, and thank you to everyone
that gave this mod a vote! Be sure to check out the other mods mentioned, as there are some great ones there.